Thursday, April 1, 2010

Bio: Lorraine Smith, Certified Kindermusik Instructor


My name is Lorraine Smith. My husband and I have lived in Florence, SC for 16 years and we have four children – ages 15, 13, and twins who are 11. I’ve loved music for as long as I can remember. Most of my favorite childhood memories involve music - school musicals, church choirs, dance recitals. I studied violin, flute, and ballet for a number of years. Most of my adult years have been spent educating young children in a wide variety of settings. In 2008 I decided to study Kindermusik and received my Educator's License in early 2009 from Kindermusik International.


Bringing a background of music, dance, and teaching young children to the Kindermusik classroom, I hope to help you to develop a love of music in your child. I’ve been amazed at the number of ways music can impact children in positive ways. We all know that research has shown and continues to prove the countless benefits of music for young children in every area of their development, but I still just love to see a child's face light up when she hears music!


My goal in every Kindermusik class is to create an environment where families can enjoy time together and where I can pass along some simple ways to bring music into every home and create musical children. I would love to help you fill your child’s world with music!



CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO THE KINDERMUSIK PAGE

No comments:

Post a Comment